Saturday, July 11, 2009

The kind of post that gets deleted -3

*Arbit rants that are supposed to pull a disappearing act*


1. Life's been giving me more than my fair share of lessons lately. (Its another thing that I don't seem to learn well.
) Coorg is a wonderful place, I love it. (who doesn't?) But on my latest trip to the native, I had a lot to learn - the hard way.
a. When your mother tells you 'take a thick shawl and a sweater' , you take a thick shawl AND a sweater.
With the monsoon season paying a visit, its been raining non-stop in Coorg. We got off at the station there at 5 in the morning and I realised, it wasn't as cold as I'd expected it to be. It was far worse! And the I-can-freeze-the-shit-in-you type weather and I didn't really bond. Not only did my fancy, good-for-nothing stole make me crave sunshine, my feet went defunct. Each foot under two pairs of socks and a shoe, stung so bad, I almost felt the need to check if my toes had turned blue. The weather was unbearable and it got me thinking about the unfortunate many who have no option but to endure it. Until my brain went numb, that is. And to think, when I was younger, I used to wonder why Eskimos wore that many warm clothes. I'd say to myself, it can't get that cold now, can it?
I have nothing to comment on degrees of coldness anymore.

b.My favorite Nike shoes aren't waterproof.
Whats worse than cold feet? Wet-cold feet. Skipping and hopping across the puddles and pits on the almost tar-less road, I tried my best to step only on stones/rocks. But when you come across a pond , you can't really do much but walk across it, placing your foot as lightly as possible. Now knowing me, placing-my-foot-lightly wasn't going to help in anyway, so I told my shoes I was sorry and walked on. And then I hear my shoes go 'I'm sorry too'. You know the feeling of having your intestines twisted and yanked out through your mouth? That's pretty much what I felt as my socks soaked in and passed on the dirty water to my feet.Having to walk on ahead, with my feet going *squish squish* was a feeling that I'd need a whole new set of intestines and cutting tools to describe.

There were a couple more. Like, when you hear a creepy sound, don't locate the cause because the goddamned insect might jump you. And don't say you aren't hungry when you haven't tasted the food. You won't like it when you see others relishing it.
Really.

2. Current obsession(s) :
I'm not depressed, no. I'm just fond of the following lines ; from songs which you should give a listen to, definitely.

"Death makes angels of us all
and gives us wings
where we had shoulders
smooth as raven's
claws "
A Feast of Friends- The Doors

"Our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become
It's contrary to what we want
Take a bow."
Take a bow- Muse.

"I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life //... I'll miss the boredom and the freedom and the time spent alone // ... Love must be forgotten, life can always start up anew //
...We're fated to pretend. "
Time to Pretend- MGMT.

3. I'm a new addition to an already massive fan club. Batman Begins happened a little too late in my life. But it did. And all I have to say is this :
Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale are amazing.
Batman is incredible.
Gary Oldman owns all. (He always has, even before the Batman movies) The Oscars mean less than insect pulp until he wins one.

I'll use this space to thank a certain Jim Gordon for all the help rendered.

4. Harry Potter is heeeeerrreee! I'm not 1% as faithful a fan as most friends around me, but this series brings back fond memories of pre-univ college when everyone's-favorite-blogger(A, indeed) and I,along with another friend,spoke about Harry, Snape and darling Sirius every lunch break, made kick-arse badges and wore them to the theater, to watch movie 4! That was the first time I had bunked college for entertainment purposes and you could tell I was thrilled! heh!
Cheers to those days. :)
Hope the movie won't disappoint!


5. Everyone's saying it. And I can-not not agree. Formula 1 is getting boring. I don't know what should be done, I don't know how the changes can be brought about but I do know what I want to see. Bring back Schumi, bring back Mika, bring back Montoya if need be! Give Alonso a good car , throw Lewis in along with him, say bye-bye to tracks that provide no opportunities for racing, kick Mosley under his chin, do whatever it takes but just give us this :




And when/if that happens, BAN stewards from penalizing the drivers.

10 comments:

Kertz said...

And that's where you disappeared! :)

"Consult the oracle
bitter creek
crawl
they exist on rainwater"
- The Lords And The New Creatures

;)

Vinay Hegde said...

3'. Nolan is the best there is. Arguably.

4'. Yay!! Honestly, the fifth movie was slightly disappointing. The sixth promises a lot. I am all eager!
And yeah, I wanted to see those kick-arse badges.. :P

Merin Mandanna said...

Kertz, will google! :)
Vinay, me eager too! About the badges, lets see. :P

Meghana Naidu said...

1. listen to your mom. remember this for the rest of your life. wow did i just say that ;)

frozen shit=ROFLcore

2. sigh. why do song lyrics have to mean that we are depressed.
NO were NOT
we just like our music and our words.
you can return that straitjacket now please.

3. erm bleh.

4.plain nostalgia, for the books.

5. i think;
i'll dig a teeny weeny hole crawl in there and die.
there are more than a FEW reasons why F1 is turning vile in my mind these days.

Why are your arbit rants turning into mine? ah well.

keep em comin EM.

me likey.

Akshatha Hegde said...

Ouch! Do take some preventive medicine asap! Something similar happened to me not long ago and I haven't recovered. It could be swine flu. :|

There's no easy way to admit this but I think I've outgrown HP. Yeah me..a 17 time-each-book veteran who used to participate in HP quizzes and everything. Don't even want to watch the movie. :|

Have practically stopped watching F1. I'm sorry, Chotu..I really am. :(

Anonymous said...

Me likey your new template! Plain and pretty, just like you.

Somebody Else said...

Coorg is wayyyy too beautiful to be worrying about shoes and socks. But yeah, know the feeling.

Merin Mandanna said...

:) Beautiful indeed..

Raghav said...

what a lovely read.

loved your writing
regards

M Ramya said...

im so glad at this diversion from f1 posts!! :)